We do not breed a lot - primarily because it is a lot of work to help and support our puppy families. We feel it is important to have the time to support anyone who buys a puppy from us....for the life of the puppy.
We like to have a well-rounded ridgeback. Carol trains and competes in conformation, lure coursing, straight racing, agility, obedience, and tracking. Ridgebacks are not always easy to train but the bond that is built between handler and dog is priceless.
Carol has been involved in and supported various breed-related organizations:
- Member Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States (RRCUS): 6/91 - present
- Charter member Bay Area Rhodesian Ridgeback Club (BARRC): 1996 - present
- Member BARRC Board of Directors: 11/00 - 11/01, 11/03 - 11/04
- Member BARRC Lure Coursing Committee: 11/01 - present
- BARRC 2nd Vice President: 11/01 - 11/03
- BARRC Recording Secretary: 8/04 - 11/05
- Member RRCUS Performance Committee: 4/05 - present
- RRCUS Triathlon Chairperson: 2010, 2017
- BARRC webmaster: 8/06 - present
- BARRC 1rst Vice President: 8/06 - 11/08
- Member RRCUS Ethics Committee: 12/08 - 6/11
- BARRC Obedience/Rally Chairperson: 2006 - present
- BARRC Agility Chairperson: 2017
We feel very strongly about health testing our dogs to ensure the healthiest animals we can. We contribute blood and DNA samples regularly to help identify genetic markers for various diseases. There are no guarantees, but we do the best that science allows at this point in time.